Our children’s ministry is here to be a blessing to parents and children by helping to bring children up in the Lord. We love our children here and seek to provide them with a strong foundation in Christ. We do this through teaching them the Word of God and opening their eyes to God’s work around the world through stories of His servants.
The opportunities we have for children here are:
- Nursery for children from birth to 3.
- Children’s Church for ages 3-6 during morning service.
- Kids in Action on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm for ages 6-10.
- Mission Friends on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm for ages 3-6.
- Sunday school for ages 3-6 and also for ages 7-10.
- Weekly meetings during the summer with songs, Bible teaching, crafts, and activities.
- We have scheduled events for the kids throughout the year such as pancake breakfasts with bounce houses and horseback rides and a birthday party for Jesus as Christmas time.
If you have any questions please get in touch with Jeff at jeff-at-mmbcmail.com or 607-5605.
Our Student ministry exists to come alongside families in order to help our students truly follow Christ. We seek to provide opportunities for them to learn and grow in the Word of God, to grow in their relationships with one another, to connect with the church as a whole, and to be involved in meaningful service. We want to see our youth owning their faith and truly following Christ.
Some of the opportunities we have in the student ministry are:
- Middle school youth meet every Tuesday after school for Bible study and fellowship. During the summer this takes place on Thursdays at lunch.
- High school youth meet twice a month on Sundays at 3:30 for Bible study and fellowship.
- Wednesday night Bible Study meets at 6:30pm.
- Sunday School for the youth.
- Yearly summer camp and winter retreats.
- Regular activities throughout the year.
- Regular service through Community Life Within and our Children’s Ministry.
Our college/career ministry is designed to give young adults the opportunity to fellowship and grow in the Word together. This groups meets on Friday nights at different people’s homes for dinner, Bible Study, and fellowship.
They also meet frequently for social events as well.
If you have any questions please get in touch with Jeff at jeff-at-mmbcmail.com 607-5605.
Mount Moriah College and Career Group on Facebook
Small Group Ministry
The goal of the small group ministry at Mount Moriah is to have an environment where people can build relationships in order to grow in Christ together. Our groups meet twice a month. Location, time, and the particular study vary from group to group.
Small groups are a great way for people to connect and build a true community as we follow Christ together. If you are interested in joining a small group please contact Pastor Johnny at johnny-at-mmbcmail.com or 420-1228.
The women’s ministry at Mount Moriah puts Titus 2 into action with opportunities for women to grow in God’s Word and in their relationships with each other.
There are Bible Studies going on every fall, spring, and summer. They frequently use material from Precept Ministries (Kay Arthur).
The women’s ministry also takes yearly trips to Precept Ministries in Chattanooga and other retreats as the opportunity arises.
If you are interested, please contact Lynn Merritt at knotm-at-merrittbrothers.net or 630-8193. You can also contact Jessica Little at jess.s.little-at-gmail.com or 585-489-7767.
The men’s ministry at Mount Moriah looks to encourage men in their walks with God and to see them fulfill the unique roles that God has placed in their lives.
We seek to accomplish this through providing one on one mentoring, Christian Leadership training every spring, and a quarterly men’s and boys’ breakfast.
If you are interested, please contact Pastor Johnny at johnny-at-mmbcmail.com or 420-1228.
Mount Moriah Baptist Church has now opened a Biblical Counseling Center with no charge to anyone. Through this we seek to point people to God’s Word as the authority and guide for all areas of their life.
We have also started our ninth year of training future Biblical Counselors. We have a five level training program that has been approved by IABC and NANC (based upon test scores-NANC supervision of counseling). The training classes meet on Mondays and are offered at 9:00AM as well as 6:30PM.
For more information, contact Pastor Johnny at johnny-at-mmbcmail.com or 420-1228.